Car Club Challenge Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CCCA conducts Car Club Challenge races at Pacific Raceways and Bremerton Raceway during the regular racing season.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Meeting is March 10th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GT347

GT347

Next Meeting is March 10th Empty
PostSubject: Next Meeting is March 10th   Next Meeting is March 10th I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Mtg info and February mtg minutes are posted on the CCCA site. Click on the ABOUT CCCA tab
Back to top Go down
esoteric

Next Meeting is March 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Meeting is March 10th   Next Meeting is March 10th I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:49 am

The proposal to end the rule that allows the use of cut-outs if a car has full exhaust goes counter to the basic premise of the CCCA which is using a street car to race.

In my case, I must use the Moroso evacuation system which requires a straight through exhaust to achieve the necessary air velocity to make the system effective when racing. If the new rule is passed, I would have to use straight through mufflers then dumps, making the exhaust illegal for a street car. However, this new exhaust system would be legal for the CCCA. With cut-outs, cars like mine can be legal both on the street and on the track, and isn't that the kind of car that should be racing in the CCCA? Let's keep the rule in place. It seems ironic that meeting CCCA requirements without the cutout rule would require changes that would make such exhaust systems illegal for the street. Besides, even with cutouts, most street cars will not be as loud as the loudest of the CCCA cars. The loudest cars are those with excessive compression ratios (for the street) and straight through mufflers with no tailpipes. The owners of these cars don't need to worry about how loud their cars are on the street, because these cars are used only for racing.

Let's help keep cars quiet on the street and fast on the track.

Vote "NO" to changing the cutout rule!
Back to top Go down

Next Meeting is March 10th
Page 1 of 1