Car Club Challenge Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CCCA conducts Car Club Challenge races at Pacific Raceways and Bremerton Raceway during the regular racing season.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KrautBurner

Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts   Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I've got a 1977 Ford F250 with a 460/C6
I'm looking for anything that may help her along.

Headers
possibly a decent 725-750 carb
intake manifold

let me know of anything you have

Russ
Bremerton

BTW,
I'm not really trying to "Hot Rod" this truck
I use it as a utility/work truck (haul garbage, dirt, gravel, home owner crap)
and a 1500+lb camper

Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts Truck_10Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts Truck_11

Last edited by KrautBurner on Fri May 13, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added truck info)
Back to top Go down
GT347

GT347

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts   Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Russ, if you get down to replacing the the cam, make sure that you use a multi keyway timing gear. Even if you set it at TDC, that is better than the stock Ford timing gear. They have 4 degree retard built into them, as well as the aftermarket stock replacement gears that have the single keyway.
Back to top Go down
KrautBurner

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts   Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:35 pm

GT347 wrote:
Russ, if you get down to replacing the the cam, make sure that you use a multi keyway timing gear. Even if you set it at TDC, that is better than the stock Ford timing gear. They have 4 degree retard built into them, as well as the aftermarket stock replacement gears that have the single keyway.

this is what I've read on the Ford-Truck forums

I was thinking I may go with a timing Gear set (love the sound)

it looks like I may have access to an "RV" cam for cheap,
I'm wondering if it would be worth the time/effort/expense to get it installed

anyone who knows Cam Specs; I'd love to hear your opinion. https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/16/48/06/07/cam10.jpg
Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts Cam10
Back to top Go down
KrautBurner

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts   Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 pm

still looking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts   Wanted:   460 Truck Performance Parts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: 460 Truck Performance Parts
Page 1 of 1