Car Club Challenge Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CCCA conducts Car Club Challenge races at Pacific Raceways and Bremerton Raceway during the regular racing season.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Slim

Slim

May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2  Empty
PostSubject: May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2    May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:23 am

Race results from the 5-7-11 Car Club Race #2 at Bremerton Raceway

Saturday started out with most of the Northwest being saturated by torrential rain overnight. I know for a fact that it kept a lot of racers from venturing out early Saturday morning to take a chance on whether or not there would be racing. Unfortunately for them, but fortunate for those that did, Saturday ended up being a great day of racing. I arrived at the track right at 8am and the rain had stopped. The sun was just breaking through the clouds and the pavement started drying quickly. A few light showers came and went which delayed the start of practice, but once we began things went really quickly with the low car count. There were a total of 9 GMC team cars, 4 Mopars, and 2 Fords. The teams got 4 rounds of practice to kill a bit of time for others to show up. In practice one of the Mopars (Troy in his 300C SRT8) broke an axle and was not able to compete, leaving only 3 Mopar Team cars. After the first round 1 Mopar, both Fords, and 4 GM’s were eliminated. Round 2 was a bad luck round for the GM cars. Don Berry broke on the line, Jonathan Miller broke out, and Larry DeCamp red lit. Dan Ivey in his 2010 Camaro had a bye. The final round was Mopar vs. GM. Marc Goodwin in his 1972 Chevy Camaro lost to Mike Pramhus in his 2006 Dodge Charger, and Dan Ivey in his 2010 Camaro lost to Steve Neel in his 2008 Charger. The final round was a first ever Mopar showdown in Car Club, with Mike Pramhus winning with a .075 R/T and breaking out with a 14.096 on a 14.10 dial, vs. Steve Neel’s .024 R/T and breaking out even worse running a 14.194 on a 14.25 dial.

I’m hoping that the entire club has learned one thing from this weekend, DON’T TRUST THE WEATHER MAN!!!!!
lol

Back to top Go down
Butweet

Butweet

May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2    May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:27 am

Weather Man??? Oh you're so sexist. lol!

I'm glad I ventured out to the track! Wink So if I can't trust the meteorologist....who can I trust?

Thanks for the right-up, Slim!
Back to top Go down

May 7th 2011 CCCA race #2
Page 1 of 1